Roast Beef Po' Boys with Debris
Write a review
- 1 (2.5-pound) beef chuck roast
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced carrot
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 (6- to 8-inch) loaves French bread, split lengthwise
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, sliced
- Cut small cuts about every 3 inches into roast, being careful not to pierce through to bottom; insert garlic slices into cuts. Season both sides of roast with salt and pepper.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over high heat, until almost smoking. Carefully add roast, browning well on all sides; remove to plate. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and carrot; cook until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Return roast back to pan; add beef stock, chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, thyme, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and cover. Simmer until meat is fork tender, about 3 hours. Using two forks, shred beef.
- Using a spatula, spread mayonnaise on cut sides of each loaf. Spoon roast beef with gravy over bread. Top with lettuce and tomato.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/