Prosciutto-Wrapped Stuffed Shrimp
Yields: Makes about 8 servings
- 2 large ripe avocados, pitted and cubed
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 3 green onions, chopped (green parts only)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 pound peeled and deveined jumbo fresh shrimp (tails left on)
- ½ pound thinly sliced prosciutto, halved lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, gently combine avocado, red onion, ¼ cup cilantro, jalapeño, orange zest and juice, vinegar, and oil. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and mayonnaise. Add egg, green onion, Worcestershire, Old Bay, garlic powder, and remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro, stirring to combine. Stir in bread crumbs.
- Make a shallow cut lengthwise on the inside curve of each shrimp, cutting into but not through the back of each shrimp. Place a heaping tablespoonful of stuffing mixture into each butterflied shrimp. Wrap each shrimp in a piece of prosciutto, and place on prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve immediately with avocado relish.