Shrimp Cornbread Muffins
Jazz up cornbread muffins with shrimp and jalapeños.
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ pound large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2¼ teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup yellow corn flour
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup whole buttermilk, well-shaken
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, slightly cooled
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick baking spray with flour, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side; add garlic, ¼ teaspoon salt, and pepper, and cook 1 minute more. Chop shrimp, and place in a bowl. Add chives and Cajun seasoning. Refrigerate 20 minutes, or up to 2 days.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, jalapeño, and remaining 2 teaspoons salt. In a small bowl, whisk eggs until frothy, about 30 seconds. Add buttermilk and melted butter, and combine. Add egg mixture to the flour mixture, and whisk until just combined.
- Divide batter among muffin cups, starting with ¼ cup batter per cup. Place 1 tablespoon shrimp mixture in center of each corn muffin. Bake 10 to 12 minutes and remove from oven. Shrimp mixture should have sunk into the batter. Add 1 tablespoon shrimp mixture to center of each corn muffin. Return to oven and bake until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and edges of corn muffin are golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Let cool in muffin tin 10 minutes, then carefully remove corn muffins from pan and serve immediately.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/