The quintessential Cajun meal—find a reason to celebrate and enjoy.
Slap Ya Mama Crawfish Boil
Yields: About 12 servings
- 30 to 40 pounds live crawfish
- 6 cups kosher salt, divided
- 4 (1-pound) bags Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seafood Boil, divided
- 10 lemons, halved
- 10 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 8 pounds corn, shucked and halved
- 16 heads garlic, halved crosswise
- 8 pounds andouille sausage, cut into thirds
- Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning, to taste
- In a large bucket or cooler, place live crawfish, 3 cups salt, and water to cover. Let stand for 30 minutes, discarding any crawfish that float to the top (which indicates crawfish are dead). Rinse crawfish thoroughly using cold water.
- In a large outdoor 60-gallon pot with a crawfish basket, place 2 bags Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seafood Boil, lemons (squeezing juices), and remaining 3 cups salt. Fill halfway with water, and bring to a boil over high heat on a heavy-duty outdoor burner. Add potatoes, corn, and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Submerge crawfish, and add sausage and remaining 2 bags Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seafood Boil. Return water to a boil. Turn off heat, and cover. Let stand until crawfish are tender and float to top, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately. Sprinkle with Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning to taste.