Southern Fried Pork Chops
Write a review
- 3 teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 bone-in center-cut pork chops, ½-inch thick
- Vegetable oil or lard, for frying
- In a small bowl, make a seasoning mixture, combining 1 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, salt, seasoned salt, and onion powder. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, paprika, remaining 2 teaspoons pepper, and remaining 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Gently rinse pork chops, and pat dry with paper towels. Place pork chops on a large plate, and sprinkle liberally with seasoning mixture. Turn over, and repeat. Stack pork chops, and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- In a large Dutch oven, pour oil to a depth of 4 inches, and heat over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 365°.
- Dredge pork chops in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Fry in batches until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Let drain on paper towels.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/