Throw these Spicy Grilled Andouille Sausage and Pineapple Skewers on the grill for an easy and festive addition to any summer party.
Spicy Grilled Andouille Sausage and Pineapple Skewers
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup thinly sliced jalapeño
- ⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1½ cups (1-inch-cubed) fresh pineapple
- 12 ounces andouille sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- ½ cup (1-inch-pieces) red onion 18 wooden cocktail skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- In a medium sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add jalapeño and paprika; cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and transfer to a heatproof bowl; stir in lime juice.
- Thread jalapeño, pineapple, sausage, and onion onto skewers. Brush with jalapeño mixture. Grill for 3 minutes per side. Serve immediately.