This spicy seafood jambalaya is packed with crawfish tails and jumbo lump crabmeat.
Spicy Seafood Jambalaya
Write a review
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup minced jalapeño
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup seafood stock
- 1 cup long-grain rice, cooked and kept warm
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 (16-ounce) package crawfish tails
- 1 (8-ounce) container lump crabmeat, picked free of shells
- Garnish: chopped green onion and parsley
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook onion until translucent, 4 to 6 minutes. Add celery, bell pepper, carrot, and jalapeño; cook until soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic, red pepper, cayenne, salt, and pepper; stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour in seafood stock, and scrape up any browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Stir in hot-cooked rice, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, crawfish, and crabmeat. Cook 12 to 14 minutes, stirring occasionally. Garnish with green onion and parsley, if desired.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/