Austin and Alexis, of New Orleans’ Big Easy Bucha, serve kombucha cocktails often when entertaining at home. Austin likes to mix Cajun Kick with Old New Orleans Rum’s Cajun Spice Rum and a squeeze of lime, while Alexis enjoys how Bayou Berry tastes mixed with Crescent Vodka. “Kombucha’s great because you get the bubbles and you get the flavor, but you don’t get the guilt, which is really nice,” Austin says.
The next time you entertain, mix up this Strawberry Kombucha Spritz for a delightfully fizzy twist on the classic cocktail, or experiment with different flavors to find a combination you love.
Strawberry Kombucha Spritz
Author: anita simpson spain
- 2 ripe strawberries, hulled
- 2 mint leaves, torn
- 3 ounces Big Easy Bucha Bayou Berry Kombucha (see note)
- 1½ ounces white rum
- 1 tablespoon light agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: strawberry slices, mint
- In an old-fashioned glass, muddle strawberries and mint. Add kombucha, rum, agave nectar, and lemon juice. Add ice cubes, and stir. Garnish with strawberry slices and mint, if desired.
A strawberry-flavored kombucha could be substituted. Big Easy Bucha Bayou Berry Kombucha is flavored with strawberry and honeysuckle.