Butterscotch adds decadent flavor to these Sweet Potato Butterscotch Pies.
Sweet Potato Butterscotch Pies
Write a review
- 2 (14.1-ounce) packages refrigerated pie crusts, thawed
- 12 frozen yam patties, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butterscotch morsels (about 48)
- 12 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 6 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons whole milk
- 6 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a well-floured surface, unfold piecrusts, and cut into 24 rounds with a 41/2-inch metal cutter. Re-roll excess, if necessary.
- Arrange 12 piecrust circles on baking sheet with space in-between. Place a sweet potato patty in the middle of each. Divide butterscotch morsels, brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecan pieces evenly among pies.
- Cover pies with remaining piecrusts. Crimp edges together tightly with fork or fingers. Make sure all edges are well sealed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Brush piecrusts with egg wash, and top with sugar. Cut 3 small holes in top of each pie with a small sharp knife. Bake pies until browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer pies to cooling rack, and let cool for 5 minutes.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/