Hot Tails owners Cody and Sam Carroll are second-time new parents, so when it comes to family dinners, quick and easy is top priority! And because they’re both professional chefs with discerning palates, whatever’s on the table at home needs to be tasty, too.
The award-winning chefs developed this quick and easy recipe for TABASCO® Chipotle Sauce Sloppy Joes that is perfect for bringing loved ones to the table. Made with vine-ripened red jalapeño peppers smoked over an open pecan wood fire, TABASCO® Chipotle Sauce lends smoky, full-bodied flavor and moderate heat to this classic family meal.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup dried onion flakes
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons TABASCO® Chipotle Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Softened butter, for spreading
- 4 hoagie-style bread loaves, split horizontally
- Garnish: shredded cheese, Tabasco Spicy Brown Mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium-high heat until browned. Add ½ tablespoon Cajun seasoning. Increase heat to high. Cook, without stirring, until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Add garlic, and cook for about 30 seconds. Add tomato sauce, onion flakes, brown sugar, chili powder, TABASCO® Chipotle Sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and remaining ½ tablespoon Cajun seasoning. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Spread butter on bread loaves.
- Bake for about 1 minute.
- Fill bread loaves with beef mixture. Garnish with cheese and Tabasco Spicy Brown Mustard, if desired.