It’s pumpkin spice season! That can only mean one thing . . . the holidays are just around the corner. Soon, your home will be filled with the sounds of family and friends laughing and talking, the feeling of togetherness, and the smells of the turkey roasting in the oven. So, as you start to get out those Thanksgiving decorations and plan your holiday meal, why not try something different? From mashed potatoes and stuffing to green bean casserole and cranberries, your Thanksgiving table can soon be filled with flavorful dishes all with a bit of a Creole twist.
This is especially true when it comes to your meal’s centerpiece . . . the turkey! Whether you’re cooking up a turkey, Tofurky, or Turducken, and whether you plan to oven-roast, smoke, or deep-fry it, the best bite you’ll ever have is if it’s seasoned inside and out.
Tony Chachere, the “Ole Master” of Creole cooking, always made sure to use his special seasoning on his turkeys. Now, with the injectable marinades to season inside and the seasonings for the outside, you are guaranteed to have the juiciest, most flavorful turkey you’ve ever eaten.
’Tis the season for a holiday turkey with a Creole twist!
- Position oven rack on lowest level of oven. Preheat oven to 325°.
- Pat turkey dry with paper towels. Inject turkey with Tony’s Creole Butter Injectable Marinade, spacing out injection sites so marinade goes throughout entire turkey.
- Lightly season inside of turkey with Tony’s Original Creole Seasoning.
- Gently loosen skin from turkey, keeping skin intact. Rub Original Creole Seasoning under skin and over turkey. Tie legs with butcher’s twine. Place in a roasting pan.
- Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest portion of turkey breast registers 165°, 3 to 3½ hours. Loosely cover with foil, and let stand for 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!